Hall Effect Threaded Body Crankshaft Position Sensor. Package Includes Inline Resister Pill for a 12v Application. This will be a 2.4K resistor with black and brown wires.
Red anodized aluminum hall effect crankshaft or camshaft position sensor. Also suitable for use as a vehicle speed sensor (VSS). Threads are M12 and mounting nuts are included. Runs off 5 to 24 volts, and gives a nice square wave so there’s no variable voltage issues. Has a 1 meter long, 3 wire pigtail.
Here’s what the wires do:
Brown – Supply voltage; connect to either VREF for 5 volt operation or 12 volt switched power.
Black – Output signal. On an MS3Pro, this connects to the CKP+, CMP+, or digital frequency inputs. On a MegaSquirt, connects to pin 24. We just set our MegaSquirt up for the VR conditioner and it works great. V3.0 MicroSquirts can also do this, but older
MicroSquirts will need to use the Hall effect input. Note that this sensor requires a pull up resistor. This tees into both the supply voltage and the output signal wire. Use a 1K resistor when powering it with 5 volts (not included) or a 2.4K resistor (included) when powering it with 12 volts.
Blue – Ground.
Be careful if you are switching to this from a previous version of our sensor. The wire colors do not match, and this version requires a pull up resistor.
- Hall Effect Threaded Body
- Operating voltage: 5 to 24 volts
- Maximum overvoltage and reverse voltage: +30 to -24 volts
- Maximum supply current required: 6 mA
- Maximum output current sinking: 20 mA
- Output type: Open collector
- Maximum frequency: 15 kHz
- Temperature range: -40 to +125 degrees C
- Nominal air gap: 1.5 mm
- Thread pitch: M12 x 1 mm
- Overall length: 65.5 mm, not including wires
- Package material: Aluminum
- Sensor orientiation: Not directional
Recommended tooth size is a rectangle measuring at least 2.5 mm x 6.35 mm, with a 5.0 mm tooth height.
Note: If you are looking for specs on the old sensor, please see our Hall effect sensor specifications page.