Porsche 944 8791 MegaSquirt Gen2 Plug and Play Standalone Engine Management System
Fits Porsche models:
- 1987-1988 944S
- 1989-1991 944S2
This does not fit the 944 base model or any 944 / 951 Turbo models, including Turbo S.
Porsche 944 8791 MegaSquirt Gen2 Plug and Play is incredibly easy to install and use. Mounts in the factory ECU location.
Porsche 944 8791 MegaSquirt Gen2 Plug and Play P8791 Features:
- Fully Plug and Play Installation – No wiring required for basic functionality. Average install time is under 1 hour!
- Base map is pre-loaded to help your engine start on the first turn of the key (other model base maps included on flash drive)
- Real time tuning and data logging with a laptop connection
- Supports most aftermarket wideband sensors
- Fully Tunable Engine Control!
- 16×16 Fuel Tables allow high resolution tuning
- 12×12 Ignition Tables
- Multiple Acceleration enrichment strategies
- Closed Loop Idle Speed Control
- Air Conditioner Control
Batch fire fuel control with stock wiring, or four separate injector outputs available with minor rewiring Onboard peak and hold injector driver supports both high and low impedance injectors – No external ballast resistor is needed!
Using peak and hold drivers requires rewiring the injectors to use four separate outputs. The stock wiring used one wire for all four.
- Allows removal of stock airflow meter
- Advanced Feature Set (Included!)
- 12×12 Air Fuel Ratio Target Tables for use with wide band O2 sensor for precise tuning and table trim.
- Built-in 2-step rev limiter / launch control with flat shift
- Real time barometric correction
- Internal 4-bar MAP sensor reads up to 44PSI of boost
- Overboost protection
- Closed loop boost control (Requires PN: EBC_Sol_Kit)
- Knock sensor input with adjustable sensitivity
- Headphone output for knock sensor – listen for knock while you tune!
- Table switching input. Change fuel and spark maps on the fly for different fuels, nitrous activation, etc.
- Input for flex fuel sensor – switch between E85 and gasoline on the fly!
CANBus connector allows interconnection of other MegaSquirt-compatible devices for additional functions (EGT Input, Automatic Transmission Controller, Additional Sensors…..the possibilities are limitless!
What you get in the box:
- Porsche 944 8791 MegaSquirt Gen2 Plug and Play ECU
- MSPNP RS232 serial tuning cable
- Tuning Software and Documentation USB Stick
- 6 foot Vacuum Hose for MAP Signal and ‘T’ fitting
- Four Screws for ECU mounting
Note: Although there is a paid upgrade to TunerStudio, it is not needed to tune this ECU. The free version included on the USB Stick can access all the features and tables of the MegaSquirtPNP. The paid version of TunerStudio simply adds tuning and analysis software, such as VE Analyze Live (auto tune) to tune the fuel tables based on wideband O2 feedback (requiring a wideband O2 sensor and controller, sold separately).